The Utom Conservation Fund is managed by a consortium of groups* that are dedicated to protecting the Utom River and its watershed in southern California. We are passionate about the region, its wildlife, culture, botany and waters. In an effort to further protections and interest for this remarkable landscape we are dedicating a portion of our funds to students that share our passion for the natural world and the cultural integrity of the area. 25 grants in the amount of $2,000 will be awarded.
Scholarships are available to the following individuals:
- High school seniors (2022-2023)
- Junior College Students (2022-2023)
- Undergraduate College / University students
- Applicant must reside in the Utom River Watershed (Please see map below)
- Special consideration will be given to tribal members (including unrecognized tribes)
- Please submit an essay explaining your passion for the environment and the Utom River Watershed. If you have participated in a project in the past demonstrating your interest in the environment, please describe. If this is new to you that’s wonderful – we would love to hear about your passion and what you want to do with it! (500 words or less preferred).
- Optional: If you wish to submit a video describing your interest in the environment you may include that is well. (1 minute or less). Please upload to YouTube (unlisted) and include a link with your application.
- Letter of reference from academic staff confirming your enrollment in your current academic institution.
- Submission deadline: September 1st, 2022; Scholarship award participants will be notified on or around October 15th, 2022
- PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
- For questions/more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.770.0665.